Thursday, September 08, 2005

First post

Look mamma, can you see me, can you hear me mamma? I'm trying the best I can at this time in my life, and I guess this is as good a place as any to talk... Winter is around the corner, and I'm scarred and scared, and yet hopeful. Twenty-two below zero was no joke last February, even if the locals said, "Last winter was mild.",or "What winter?"
Others here are worse off than me... I know, I know, everything is hidden in this present little moment. Actually, I'm looking forward to the snow, but not being married to the wood stove. Sorry, sounds like bitching huh?
"Such a long way around", is what Rama said, when he read the stone letter sent by Ravana, [The demon king of Lanka]. "...I was only a Rakshasa, and you were very hard to approach. Yet seeking wisdom I learned many things. You do not know who you are again. I knew it all along, but even still you do not know. Nothing you do ever fails, one glance of yours and people sing again the good old songs... Oh Narayana, Lo, I looked, I marveled-Men are mines, Men are precious mines. Oh Rama, did you think that dark was bad?...I discovered that the time of every life is one full day..."
A good story mamma, one that never grows old, and one that makes you feel better after even a short read. I wonder what tomorrow will bring? I was so young when you died, and now, I'm older than you were then.
I think you would still be proud of me. Never give up love and hope right, mamma?

1 comment:

susan said...

Time passes, sometimes quickly, sometimes so slow. I pray the pain of you father death has changed to a peaceful understanding of the blessings he gave you. To know his death was a lesson for you...to not be afraid to share with others how we really feel about them, even if it makes us look foolish at times, even if they laugh and try to push us away.
What a wonderful gift to me...you takeing the time to comment on my first try at blogging.
Thank you Zaratul. I am sorry I wasn't awake enough to respond then with what my heart feels today.