Saturday, March 03, 2007

Blue Fire

Throughout my days and into night, I search for this and that. This is my life here on planet Earth. This is where they left me. I was to young to remember much; a port window of sorts, the soft black of the always night, and the pointed tip of a long blue flame framed by that window. Not much of a clue, but enough for me to know, Earth is not my only home. Home ha! I have always been a stranger here. From time to time I have seem others who may be like me. The truth be known, we cover the secret of our alienation well.
Deep poles stand tall. Shadows cross mark time. I parry and fence around them. Rusting broken cables loop back to hold tight my mind. Like a bird on a string I long to be free. This place of hooks that hold, is a prison of things that begin one way and end in another. For years I have tinkered, building my craft from bits and pieces found while wondering.
In the darkest of nights I have seen the thin blue flame of those in the sky overhead. I am not a lone eprist. Now through my days and nights, I plot my unfolding parchment scroll. This chart and my ship, Blue Fire will thrust home my alien soul.

3 comments:

Aye said...

Well written, and you found a perfect picture to go with it!!! Sometimes the challenge comes in finding suitable bits and pieces, huh???

susan said...

Ah, the spice of life...a little of this and a little of that, mixed with love. How sweet it is!!!

Lilly said...

cool. blue fire. i like it.