Sunday, January 06, 2008

My Sarah

You are spots and dots, my dappled friend,
A perfect black diamond at your peak.
Love is all you give me,
Love is all I seek.
We walk this road together,
You always at my side,
Astride we stroll, our footfalls,
A rhymic rhythem glide.
Life springs green,
Through Summers dust, Autumns leaves,
The white of Winters snow.
To the time of days,
Through months and years we go.
May the loylity in me,
Match the nobility in you.
"A teacher's pet" some may say,
And that very well may be true,
But which is the teacher,
You on your four feet,
Or me on my two?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Teacher, for showing me the way.

Ellen said...

Sarah is so beautiful and I fully understand the love between pets. Where would I have been without my Ziggy - residing now just below the circle of rocks - wrapped with red cloth in my back yard waiting with Serenity beside him for my decent. I know I'll see them again.

Aye said...

Very good!!!

Susan said...

Well Hello Aye.