Sunday, January 06, 2008

Poppy


Like looking through broken window pane?
Ice fragments are all that now remain?
Casting light on a perfect memory.
Eyes on weeping heart of love,
On history of a dreaming child,
Before the dance of life became,
Fighting shadows rain of lies and hurt.
Blood wine ghosts of family's wounds,
Whispers softly, "Trust is now responsibility."
Time flows through you to choose.
Bitter sweet, as cold teeth bite deep.
Society rules who's fit for life?
Outside sign reads, "This property is condemned".
A soul's closed door, hinge broken into.
Fight on, perservere
Never to forget, mending mire.
The threatening thraws of scoffing maw.
Stand up with no regret, regrow glad-hand.
Stand, stand, stand up sweet mavin.
Strong is the Raven's Knight.
Wing-shield of rainbow colours above,
Brave is love adore your paladin.









4 comments:

Ellen said...

Light peeks through a pin whole in your broken heart, closed tightly lest you choose again in hopes. You are more resilient than you know, and you are stronger than you will ever see, with your own eyes. Do not be afraid.

Anonymous said...

The ode less travelled...I'm working on learning the rules of writing good poetry, until then I'll write what flows through my strong heart. No broken heart here.
I'm very careful about sayings that involve body parts. Having a strong healthy body is important, it means life. I love my life, I love all life. I may have had my share of pain, but there is a whole lotta liven I still want to do.

Ellen said...

I never meant to offend you.

Anonymous said...

No,no, don't worry about offending me my friend. I'm just very careful about use positive words.
Thank you for your incouragement. You know me Ellen, I reframe ideas.