Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Chance To Live



I know... two more mouths to feed, but I gotta try my best to feed them, and if they live, I'll set them free...on the otherside of the river. :)
Their eyes are not open yet and they seem to sleep more than the baby blue birds I raised several years ago. The little guys even kinda churp. I don't know nothing about raisin' baby field mice.
The next day or two should tell me if they're going to make it. I sure hope so.
...spirit must have a sense of humor, the mouse on my computer started acting up while writing this post...

I'm gonna name them, Winking and Blinking, the Nodie Brothers from Miss Joey's Little Shop of Magic and Mystery. I have to ask myself if this nursing job will cast a shaddow my reputation as a cold hearted, knife toten, bad ass. Oh by-the-way, baby mice stink, so it's a good thing I have some material left from braiding sweetgrass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope they live and I like the names you chose. I said a wee prayer for the babies. I love field mice.

Don't let lolly see-um

or smell-um

Where did ya find them? No momma was there?


good luck

pank

susan said...

The field mice babys are small and undernourished, but they are eating and I try and handle them as much as possible...seems to stimulate and warm the up.

A cat got their momma, and I don't know what happened the the rest of the litter. With no momma they were headed straight to Selvester's Claws and Paws Kitchen.