Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Land of Fangrula


Haven't been drawing much in the past couple of years, so my technique of coming up with an acceptable map to go along with my story is kinda rough.
Paper bags, and old envelopes work well for paper. Wish I had a decent ink pin to work with...oh well, I'm grateful for the one I have. Sorry the scan didn't come out nice and crisp with detail. To apply water colours to some portions of the map, I used a flared wooden match for a paint brush. Of course the story and map is just a first draft. I know there are many mistakes, but that's the magic of blogging, wysiwyg.
Most of all, I had fun making the map, and hope to draw several more of better quality.
Here is a list of several places listed on the map...
Brave Heart Bay
Elbow Point
Queen's Bay
Ruby Shoe
Two Heart River
Blue Bird River
Running Horse Mountains
Little Thunder Sea
Pearl Mountains
The Pit of Hellos
The Forest of Roux-Ga-Roux
Olson Caribou, and Longhorn of the North.
Now all I have to do is continue on with the story.


3 comments:

Aye said...

Being as I'm endlessly fascinated by cartography, I'm really liking the map!!! Looks like the real deal!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Love that map!! Great Job!

I have been really enjoying this adventure, I hope you continue it online.

Your stories are your hearts buried treasures....
:)

happy you share them with us

pankles

susan said...

Thanks Aye and Pank for the complements. The map is the real deal. Just sprinkle with a little imagination and you're off looking for romance, adventure and buried treasure. I like cartography too.