Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Fontona Di Treve'

Why are we here?
Like little children,
to play,
to learn and grow,
then go
back from whence
we come.







That summer in Rome when I was passing
the Fontona Di Treve'
With winged-words a wish was made to
the fontona's waters wet,
and tossed a coin for Gods to smile on me
in memory never to forget,
the love within my heart to give,
to each that pass my way.
One of three is chosen.
The blessing to touch your hand,
love and hope remembered says, yesWE can.

3 comments:

Aye said...

A wish come true, chosen not granted. Well said!!!

susan said...

Hello Aye!
Looking back can bring so much joy and sorrow. Ah Rome! The city of fontonas. What a blessing for me to even have been there.

Aye said...

The price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings...