Wednesday, July 09, 2008

CQ-CQ-CQ

A mountain meadow on the third planet from the sun called Earth isn't the worst place to land a cargo vessel. However, the ship suffered some damage to the breaking system after landing.
As you can see by the photo, one ground grabber has deflated. Actually all four should be replaced for safety reasons. The cost is beyond my limited funds at this time, and yet to travel to the Southern regions of this planet their replacement would be prudent. My ship is in good working order, and that's a blessing. Local fuel prices limit any exploratory ventures at this time. Most encounters with the local species have been interesting and quite educational in my understanding of this planet.
Whether I leave for the southern regions, or stay through the winter is dependent on many variables. It was rather cold last night and my heating fuel supply is low. Compared to what locals say is needed to get me through another winter here, my energy supply is dangerously low. I must be prepared to leave, and yet to make a decision now without gathering more information seems foolish. Communications with support team has been difficult due to low levels of gamma rays. Without help, my assignment seems to be doomed, and yet I believe there is hope for me in this world.
It's a beautiful day, and I need to walk along the river to reduce unnecessary built up stress levels. A healthy dose of gratitude and some fresh air is what is called for right now.
I will continue further communications transmissions this afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perfect solution!

When you Have to go into town, pick up a can of fix a flat, it's like six bucks and it can get ya close to another planet the cheapest way.

What a view!

I wish ya luck kiddo

pink stuff