Monday, January 02, 2006

Good and Evil/ Wrong and Right

Mandorlas
A mandorla is the almond-shaped segment that is made when two circles partly overlap. It is the Italian word for almond.
Language is a mandorla. "The fire and the rose are one." By overlapping the two elements of fire and a flower, T.S. Eliot is making a mandorla. When images overlap what brings them together, unites the beauty and the terror of existence?







Words have the ability to suprise and shock...to remind us that there are links between the things we have always thought of as opposites.
A mandorla is conflict resolution.
Feet on earth, head in heaven, as written in Coptic script on the orb of earth at the feet of Christ. The second photo is Seattle street art.

10 comments:

steve turner said...

I can see why you begun anew.

susan said...

Oh really, and if the suit doesn't fit, then what?

Serenity said...

This house has been cleaned again.

Granny said...

Spic and Span...

steve turner said...

did granny marry a puerto-rican who's building a bridge?

steve turner said...

of all the things I love about you, chopping your own wood being first, you are truly weird.

steve turner said...

p.s. I have decided to end my own life. I cannot bear to leave my home and pets and my heartache is killing me.

maybe my sarcasm was a cry for help. I am too sad to carry on.

Granny said...

Haven't seen a puerto-rican with enough money yet to get my attention...
If you decide to shoot yourself sit down on the floor first..It'll cause less bruising when you fall..

Granny said...

P.S. those words were spoken by my Dad to my Mom one time when she threatened suicide again for the gazillionth time...

susan said...

Granny, maybe if we keep looking, trying, asking, we will find answers to the "whys", or maybe just acceptance, I don't know.
I do know it takes a strong heart to keep trying.