Wednesday, September 17, 2008

You Talking To Me Punk?


This is my protector Sarah, an Angel sent to me from heaven. She is most loving and friendly, and yet very brave when it comes to defending me. She even puts up with her little brother Micky, the Irish wirehair fox terrier who thinks he is the boss. He has learned the hard way, when she gives him "that look" it usually means, "Mom! He's pushing my buttons again."
I no longer chain her up, nor does she ware a collar. She has earned her freedom as long as she doesn't chase deer. It was hard for her to understand that she doesn't own all the land around here to protect. I keep the truck door open during the day so she can sit in the passenger seat and pretend she on the road again. She loves to ride shotgun in the truck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah...a woman after my own heart!

Ha!

She's beautiful

:)

pky

Aye said...

That's a good lookin' dog. A stately beast indeed!!!

susan said...

Thank you! She is beautiful isn't she?
She's half Boxer and half Dalmation, she got the best of both her parents purebreeds.
Personaly I think half breeds are stronger and smarter.
Dalmations are coach dogs, their purpose is to run ahead of the carriage and make sure there were no animals in the road would frighten the horses.